This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Memorial Day is this weekend; what better way to ring in the holiday than with a recipe that will delight every age? It’s a crunchy, delicious, yummy treat for the tastebuds, this one. Think chicken nuggets, but instead let’s call them Chicken Pringlers.
Pringles sent us a few cans of yumminess and a recipe that we decided to try for dinner a couple nights ago. It was a huge hit, and I can’t wait to try it again with different flavors. Below is a printable recipe, without photos, for your convenience, but here is how this easy dish can be made for your Memorial Day weekend feast.
First things first: try a few Pringles (you know, just to make sure they taste ok). A big plus is that the recipe requires only 3 ingredients, and it’s so easy to make. The first step was to cut up my boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 1-1/2″ nuggets. Then I placed the nuggets in the buttermilk (use a large container). The next step was to prepare the Pringles by crushing them up. The recipe said to puree them in a food processor, but I just don’t like all the cleanup associated with using my food processor (plus, I wasn’t sure where it was at the moment), so I used a gallon-sized bag and my rolling pin to crush the chips. We needed 3 cans of Pringles, and we happened to have Cheddar Cheese, Original, and Barbecue on hand. For this batch, I used Original and Barbecue mixed together. Once the chips were finely crushed, it was time to coat the nuggets by placing 2-3 at a time into the bag; then shake the bag around to get a good coating of crunchiness. Finally, the nuggets were placed on a cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) and baked in the oven for around 20 minutes. When they were done, we let them set for a few minutes to crunch up (I had to take photos, of course), and then we enjoyed each and every crunchy, scrumptious bite. They really were good and had a delicious flavor. I can’t wait to try them again with the Cheddar Cheese flavor or even Dill Pickle. Enjoy!
- 2- 6.38 oz. cans of Pringles
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders, cut into 1-1/2" nuggets
- 2 cups skim milk or buttermilk, I used buttermilk
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees, and place rack in the middle. Once nuggets are cut up, place them in the milk (this really makes a great setup for your Pringles coating).
- Puree the Pringles (or crush them up), and pour into a large sealable plastic bag. Place 2-3 nuggets, at a time, in the bag, and shake to coat. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, and place the well-coated nuggets in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and let stand, uncovered, about 5-10 minutes to crisp (long enough for photos).
- (Thanks to Pringles for this recipe)