Bedtime… that magical time of night when the kids are finally quieted down for the night, and the house is quiet with hardly a sound save the snoring of the dog and the click click click of the cat's claws on the hardwood floor. It's usually the time of night where I finally have a few moments to take care of myself. Life is busy! Introducing essential oils into my family's life has led me to make a calming bedtime foot rub made with both Peace & Calming and Lavender oils. And let me tell you, I L-O-V-E it!
I'm sharing the printable recipe with you down below… This is a super simple rub to make, and it involves coconut oil. The moisturizing properties of the coconut oil make it a great solution for rough, calloused feet. But then you mix it with a little Peace & Calming and Lavender, and you've got a lovely foot rub that's perfect for bedtime.
Natural ingredients and knowing exactly what's in my foot rub make it a winner. Not only do I use it for myself, but I love rubbing Jaden's feet with it before bed; it gives us time to talk, and he loves having his feet rubbed.
Grab the recipe below, so you can make your own.
Calming Bedtime Foot Rub
- 6 to 8 ounce jar with lid
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 10 + drops Peace and Calming essential oil
- 5 + drops Lavender essential oil
- Add coconut oil to dish.
- Add at least 10 drops of Peace & Calming. I tend to be pretty thrifty with my oils, but you can definitely add more if desired.
- Add at least 5 drops of Lavender oil. Again, you can add more if desired.
- Mix well. The rub stores well in a jam or jelly jar.
- Rub on your feet and legs before bedtime.
(Disclaimer: Everything I share about essential oils on Adventures of Mel is based on personal experience and has not been approved by the FDA. Please do your own research, and never use essential oils in a way that would make you uncomfortable. Also, take special caution for those pregnant or nursing, as well as children. Read the full disclaimer…)