This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Easter will soon be here! Are you having family over for dinner, making meal time plans?
This is a fun dessert for both kids and the young at heart. Bunny Tail Cupcake Bites are the perfect size dessert if you’re trying to watch what you eat but still want a bit of a sweet treat.
And they involve chocolate, so that’s a win win dessert right there.
How to Make Bunny Tail Cupcake Bites
First things first, you need mini cupcakes. You’ll find the entire printable recipe below.
Another option is to make mini cupcakes instead of a layer cake. You could even use a different flavor cake or a cake mix… Hey, I’m all for easy, so I totally get it. To make mini cupcakes, you’ll definitely need a mini muffin pan.
While your cupcakes are baking, mix up the frosting. Once your cupcakes have baked and cooled, frost to whatever thickness you prefer.
Next, apply a thin layer of marshmallow cream; it’s ok if the marshmallow cream mixes just a bit with the chocolate frosting. This mixture will allow the mini marshmallows to really adhere to the top of the cupcake without sliding off.
Slice or tear each mini marshmallow in half.
Apply to the tops of your mini cupcakes, adding more marshmallow halves ’til the top of each cupcake is covered, resembling a fluffy bunny tail. They are so cute!
Below you’ll find a printable recipe with instructions on how to make mini marshmallows look like a fluffy bunny tail. Enjoy!
Print the Recipe for Bunny Tail Cupcake Bites
Bunny Tail Cupcake Bites
Bunny Tail Cupcake Bites are the perfect size dessert if you’re trying to watch what you eat but still want a bit of a sweet treat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Line your mini muffin pan/s with cupcake liners.
- Bring butter, oil, and water to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in sugar, flour, and cocoa powder.
- Beat eggs with baking soda "dissolved" in buttermilk or sour milk (make sour milk by combining milk with 1 tbsp. vinegar).
- Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture above, also adding in the vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin pan/s.
- Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
- To make the frosting, melt 1 stick butter with buttermilk or sour milk, but do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until you have a spreadable consistency for frosting; add vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost to desired thickness.
- Next, apply a thin layer of marshmallow cream; it's ok if the marshmallow cream mixes just a bit with the chocolate frosting. This mixture will allow the mini marshmallows to really adhere to the top of the cupcake without sliding off.
- Slice or tear each mini marshmallow in half and apply to the tops of the cupcakes, adding more marshmallow halves 'til the top of each cupcake is covered, resembling a fluffy bunny tail.
- Serve and enjoy!