This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Is your family easily distracted by technology? You are not alone. I partnered with Sister Schubert’s® to share this post with tips on how to disconnect to reconnect with your family, along with a delicious Smoky Cheddar Breakfast Bake recipe.
Let’s talk about dinner time for a few minutes. Do you make dinner time with your family a priority?
I’ve found myself telling my husband lately that I kinda wish things could slow down just long enough for us to catch our breath together. Life doesn’t seem to want to slow down, though, and we find ourselves constantly distracted by technology (ahem, our jobs), as well as our kids distracted by technology (hello, Facetime and video games).
That’s why I’ve come up with a few tips for losing the distractions and gaining the attention of each other. Plus, you’ll find a printable recipe for a delicious breakfast for dinner bake below.
I JUST WANT THE RECIPE! TAKE ME TO THE RECIPE FOR SMOKY CHEDDAR BREAKFAST BAKE!
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious smoky cheddar breakfast bake recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
5 Tips for Adding a Li’l Warmth to Dinner Time
Sometimes dinner time just needs the warmth breathed back into it…
1. Make dinner time with your family a priority at least 1-2 nights a week. Keep those nights free of any activities or appointments.
It can be tough when you’re pulled in multiple directions, especially as kids get older, but it also gives you something to look forward to.
It’s a time to come together and spend time together, as well as a time to catch up with each other, laugh together, and just relax.
2. Keep meals easy peasy OR plan to cook the meal together.
3. Unplug from all the distractions. We had the opportunity to try the Basket of Warmth, a new innovation from Sister Schubert’s (not available for purchase yet).
The Basket of Warmth keeps your rolls warm at dinner, but only if your phones are plugged into it.
So, not only does it keep those rolls warm… It charges your phones, keeping them away from prying hands.
4. Turn on a little mood music. Whether your family loves oldies, holiday music, or jazz, turn it on and keep it playing in the background. If anything, it’ll provide fodder for interesting conversation together.
5. Eat at the table.
Turn off the tv, allowing for plenty of conversation.
An Easy Recipe for Even More Warmth
Dinner rolls have always made me think of holiday family dinners.
They’ve always been a special treat in our home. Sister Schubert’s Dinner Yeast Rolls, which I purchase at Walmart, give even the most routine family meal that special holiday feel.
Only these delicious buttery rolls are ready in a super quick 5-10 minutes, which is awesome on a busy weeknight.
When I began to think of a recipe that I could create with these scrumptious rolls, I instantly knew a breakfast bake would be a hit with my family.
Breakfast for dinner is one of our favorite meals. This breakfast bake has plenty of veggies and meat and cheeses. Yep, I said cheeses, as in plural, for all my fellow cheese lovers.
Serve it up with a little fruit or even a good salad, and you’ve got a meal they’ll request again and again. Enjoy!
Hungry for more ‘breakfast for dinner’ ideas?
SMOKY CHEDDAR BREAKFAST BAKE RECIPE
If you love this low carb sausage egg muffins recipe as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH ADVENTURES OF MEL!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
Smoky Cheddar Breakfast Bake
- 8 Sister Schubert's Dinner Yeast Rolls
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 large bell pepper
- 6-8 green onions
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 3/4 cup spinach
- 8-10 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shaved ham
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups smoked cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and prep 9x13 casserole dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- Place rolls on cookie sheet and bake according to package instructions. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Then slice the rolls in half and chop each half into quarters; place pieces of rolls in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Wash and chop the bell pepper, removing seeds and membranes.
- Wash and chop the green onions, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Sauté pepper with onions in butter for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs with heavy whipping cream, adding a dash of salt and pepper.
- Tear shaved ham into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- Add peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach, and ham to egg mixture.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of roll pieces in casserole dish.
- Then pour the egg mixture over the rolls, spreading to cover every piece.
- Shred smoked cheddar and Colby Jack; sprinkle on top of entire mixture in the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sister Schubert’s, available at Walmart.