Sigh, my slow cooker…it's my best friend when the weather starts to get a little chilly and days start to get insanely busy due to the holidays, school stuff, appointments, work meetings, or whatever else happens during the course of a week.
I'll freely admit it…My name is Mel and I love my slow cooker.
I don't know if I could live without my slow cooker. It makes such delicious things and only requires a minimal amount of work from me to do so.
It's better than a Rosie (am I dating myself here? Jetsons?). It's better than chocolate (wait, maybe not). It's definitely better than slaving over a hot stove after a loooooonnnnngggg day, can I get an amen?
Yeah, I may be a little obsessed with my slow cooker, but it does make delicious things like this Shepherd's Pie Stew.
This recipe kinda happened by accident, but now that I think about it, some of the best things happen by accident. I wanted to make Shepherd's Pie in the slow cooker, but instead it turned into a sort of hearty stew that won our hearts.
Chock full of veggies and meaty deliciousness, this stew is a must try.
Below you'll find the printable recipe. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie Stew
- 4-5 large potatoes washed, peeled, & chunked
- 1-16 oz. soup mix frozen veggies basically, a mixed veggie good for soup
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 lb. ground beef cooked & drained
- 1-24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack shredded
- 1/2 to 1 cup Cheddar shredded
- Prepare potatoes and add to slow cooker.
- Cook ground beef in skillet. Cook well and drain. Add to slow cooker.
- Add rest of ingredients to slow cooker, minus the cheese. Mix together well.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. 20-30 minutes before serving, add shredded cheese. Replace lid and finish cooking.
- Once cheese is melted, serve and enjoy!
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Follow me on Pinterest!