Who would have thought that leftover baby food would make a fantastic ingredient for all sorts of scrumptious recipes? I know I didn't, back when my older boys graduated to regular food from baby cereal and baby food. It just wasn't something I'd ever really thought about.
Going through a few rough patches in our life together has really given us a desire to not waste anything… I won't say we never waste anything, but we're a lot more mindful of it and it stings when something is wasted.
Now that we're about to have another baby, I've stocked up on a few things, and some of those things I'm already using in scrumptious recipes we can enjoy now.
The ideas are endless. There are so many ways you can use baby oatmeal, from adding it to smoothies, breads, cookies, meatballs… No chucking that box of baby cereal when baby's done with it. Instead, I'll find delicious ways to add that nutrition to different recipes we create, whether for meal time, snacks, or dessert.
Below are several ideas for using Gerber baby food and baby cereal in different recipes. I can't wait to try a lot of these myself.
Scrumptious Recipes Using Baby Food or Baby Cereal
1. Blueberry Oat Crumb Bread by Mommy Snippets
2. Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Bites by Arts & Crackers
3. Berry Oatmeal Bread by Mommy Hates Cooking
4. Sweet and Savory Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal Crepes by Adventures of Mel
5. Meatloaf Minis by Life with 5 Monkies
6. Mini Chocolate Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies by House of Fauci's
7. 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Bites by The Frugal Mom
8. Homemade Baby Cereal Bars with Fruit by This Mama Loves
9. Chocolate Oatmeal Waffles for Breakfast or Dessert by Ginger Casa
10. Baby Oatmeal Brownies by Mommy PR
11. Banana Berry Oatmeal Muffins by Mommy's Fabulous Finds
12. 3 Ingredient Breakfast Cookies by Nerdy Mamma
13. Strawberry Banana Yogurt Bites by House of Fauci's
14. Morning Glory Muffins by Espresso and Cream
15. Strawberry and Blueberry Pancake Muffins by Kat Balog
For more recipes and ideas for using leftover baby food, be sure to follow the #CookingwithGerber hashtag on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other forms of social media.