This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Usually, when we're going out to eat, we're going for Mexican. Loaded nachos are a favorite all 'round, as is a nice snack of roasted red pepper hummus.
I've got a delicious recipe for you that will make you re-think ever using refried beans again.
Want a camping version of these chicken nachos? Try our campfire nachos recipe!
We had a crazy busy week last week. We had a week filled with doctor's appointments, a midwife appointment, minor surgery for Dan, and more, not to mention homeschooling and work.
We're trying to get as much done and meet as many commitments as we possibly can before this baby boy arrives. But by the time the end of the week arrived, we were all beat and needed something super easy to snack on, not to mention something fairly easy to eat for dinner.
As I mentioned, we love roasted red pepper hummus.
We'll eat it with crackers, tortilla chips, pita bread… It's a favorite snack around here but also tends to be a bit pricey, meaning we don't always keep it on hand.
But that has changed since we've been introduced to Bush's Hummus Made Easy. Available at Walmart in 3 delicious flavors (Classic, Roasted Red Pepper, and Southwest Black Bean), it's also friendly to our budget.
Not only that, but it's easily made in literally seconds, I kid you not.
All you need is a can of beans, the pouch of hummus, and a food processor or blender (I used my Ninja).
We chose to use Bush's Garbanzos (or Chick Peas), which happened to be conveniently located right next to the Hummus Made Easy pouches in the store, to mix up a batch of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Made Easy.
And you know what? In my opinion, it tastes better than the stuff that's already pre-mixed and packaged in the deli. And it's cheaper! Win win!
On top of that, it has no artificial preservatives, and it's made with real ingredients like olive oil, tahini, roasted red bell peppers, and spices.
Even more importantly, it meets my official taste tester's seal of approval.
I really like how versatile it is. There are a ton of recipes on the Hummus Made Easy site, and when I saw a recipe for a 7 layer dip and perused Pinterest just a bit for even more inspiration, I knew I wanted to make some sort of nachos, leading me to the idea of Loaded Nachos, only without refried beans and made with hummus instead.
Honestly, these nachos are all about the layering. You have a layer of tortilla chips, dollops of hummus…
… then a layer of delicious Instant Pot Taco Chicken, white queso, a bit of lime juice and red onion, cheese, tomatoes, and avocado. Mmmm…
That layer of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Made Easy makes all the difference in the world. It adds a flavor that you just can't get otherwise.
These nachos were the most flavorful nachos I've ever made; they were far from your typical, boring nachos.
Just thinking about it is making me crave them all over again. Pregnancy cravings are no joke.
Looking for more delicious appetizer and snack recipes?
Below, you'll find the printable recipe. Enjoy!
- Blue and white tortilla chips
- 1 pouch Bush's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Made Easy
- 1 can Bush's Garbanzos
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup Picante
- 1 lime, just a squeeze of juice
- 1/2 cup white queso
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 4 oz. cheddar, shredded
- 4 oz. Colby Jack, shredded
- Sour cream
- Mix Bush's Hummus Made Easy and Garbanzos, according to package directions.
- Layer a generous amount of blue and white tortilla chips on bottom of sheet pan.
- Add dollops of hummus around on top of tortilla chips.
- Mix cooked, shredded chicken with Picante and spread around on top as a third layer.
- Squeeze lime juice all around on chicken.
- Spoon white queso all around on nachos.
- Scatter minced red onion as yet another layer.
- Add shredded cheeses, spreading evenly across nachos.
- Bake at 325° for about 10 minutes, maybe a little longer if cheese isn't melted.
- Remove from oven and add your favorite toppings, like tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, and salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: These nachos can also be refrigerated and later warmed back up in the oven; if warmed in the oven, it brings the crunchiness of the nachos right back. Yum!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 667mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 23g
Can't make the nachos just yet? Go ahead and pin them for later! They'll be waiting when the craving hits.
Also, note that you can follow the hashtag #HummusMadeEasy on social media for even more ideas, recipes, and inspiration surrounding Bush's Hummus Made Easy.